How to make Gooey Chocolate Tigernut Kasha Mug Cake (Easy Recipe)
Gooey Chocolate Tigernut Kasha Mug Cake (Microwave-Friendly Recipe!)
Craving something sweet? This single-serving gooey chocolate tigernut mug cake is the perfect quick pick-me-up for chocolate lovers–plus it’s vegan, gluten free, and contains no lactose! Nutty tigernut flavor, rich cocoa, and molten chocolate chips make every bite of this mug cake a heavenly experience. It can be made in just a few minutes, so it’s a perfect speedy dessert or snack. Plus, it’s extremely cute–you may get addicted to making these easy mug cakes!
A handful of ingredients–including our organic Tigernut Kasha–are all you need to satisfy your sweet tooth. Tigernut Kasha is the perfect substitute for flour to make your favorite treats gluten free in a flash. It also doubles as an instant porridge–just add liquid and mix for a healthy meal that’s ready in mere moments.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time (microwave): 6 minutes
Total time (oven): 25-30 minutes
- 6 tablespoons Natureul Tigernut Kasha
- 2 ½ tablespoons sweetener of choice
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 5 tablespoons coconut, oat, or almond milk (or dairy)
- 1 ½ tablespoons coconut or avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- Pinch of salt
- In a 10-12 oz mug, whisk the kasha, sweetener, baking powder, and salt together using a fork. Once thoroughly combined, add the milk, oil, and vanilla extract and mix again.
- Just before it’s completely combined, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Microwave on high for or bake in the oven (with an oven-safe mug) at 350℉ for 20-25 minutes until the top is spongy and firm when touched. Allow to cool for several minutes before eating.
- Top with dairy-free whipped cream or enjoy as-is!
Gooey Chocolate Tigernut Kasha Mug Cake Tips
Center not done? No worries–because this recipe doesn’t contain eggs or wheat you can eat it as gooey as you like. You can always add a few more seconds in the microwave or a few more minutes in the oven until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center.
Not a fan of chocolate? That’s okay! Customize the flavor of the mug cake by adding different spices and mix-ins. Omit the cocoa powder and add sprinkles for a birthday cake-style mug cake instead of chocolate! You can also use white chocolate, butterscotch chips, or crushed sandwich cookies to create different tastes and textures–go wild!
Want to make it more decadent? Drop 2 tablespoons of Natureul Tigernut Spread in the center of the mug cake just before baking for a lava cake-like experience! A molten tigernut center is the perfect thing to take this extravagant-yet-simple mug cake. If you want more tigernut flavor without the heat, just smooth tigernut spread over the top of the mug cake once it’s cooled and ready to eat.
Looking for a little crunch? You know what to do–add a handful of your favorite flavor of our Tigernut Granola to keep the mug cake allergy-friendly while adding some toothsome crunchy texture!