Summer is here and it’s time for frozen delights like ice cream, shaved ice, and popsicles. These Tigernut Freezer Pops are a healthy alternative to most store-bought versions: they contain no processed sugar, just fresh fruit, tigernut spread, and optional maple syrup or honey to naturally sweeten them.
As they melt in your mouth, the creamy Greek yogurt and Tigernut Spread combine to create the ultimate healthy dessert! With frozen fruit and optional mix-ins, it doesn’t get any better or less guilt-free than these Tigernut Freezer Pops.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 2 hours and 5 minutes
Makes 4-6 popsicles
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup Natureul Tigernut Spread, Original or Aromatic Carob flavor
- 1 cup frozen berries of choice (we used blueberries)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup to sweeten
- Optional mix-ins like chia, chocolate shavings, or crushed nuts
- In a small bowl, mix together the Greek yogurt, vanilla extract, and honey or maple syrup until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, add 2-4 tablespoons of water to the Natureul Tigernut Spread to make the consistency a little more liquid.
- In a popsicle mold, layer the Greek yogurt mixture, Tigernut spread, frozen berries, and optional mix-ins.
- Tap the mold against a flat surface like a table or countertop to ensure that all air bubbles rise to the surface. Insert the popsicle sticks into the filled molds.
- Freeze the molds for 2 hours or overnight until completely solid.
- Carefully remove the popsicles from the mold. You may need to briefly dunk the bottom of the mold in warm water to release the popsicles from the mold and make them easier to remove.
How to Store Tigernut Freezer Pops
Leave in the popsicle mold or transfer the frozen popsicles to a large, gallon-size freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
Tips for Making Tigernut Freezer Pops
You can easily customize these tiger nut freezer pops with different variations of yogurt, spices, mix-ins, and fruit. Get creative and try different combinations to discover your favorite! Make creamy, orange creamsicle-inspired pops, tropical fruit combinations, or a chocolate and strawberry dream!
Make them vegan! Replace the regular Greek yogurt with a vegan Greek yogurt alternative like coconut yogurt or almond milk yogurt to make it more friendly to vegetarians, vegans, and those with dairy allergies.
Making these pops is super easy when you create an assembly line. Line up all of your ingredients and add ingredients to the popsicle mold in stages instead of creating each pop one at a time. It also goes by much faster when you recruit help, as this makes for a fun and rewarding activity for kids, too!