This sweet, dreamy vanilla tigernut granola recipe is top-tier! We can guarantee you’ll reach for this one again and again. Read on to learn how unbelievably easy it is to make this divine granola recipe!
The nutty, earthy flavor of tigernut pairs perfectly with the delightful aroma of vanilla in this crunchy snack. Unlike many store-bought varieties, this granola is gluten free and nut free–great for those with allergies. This recipe is also entirely vegan and contains no preservatives. Wholesome, healthy, and delicious!
One of the main ingredients in this granola recipe, Natureul Tigernut Spread, lends most of the flavor to the recipe and can also be credited with helping the granola stick together to create the signature clumps of this iconic snack. Our Classic Tigernut Spread is made with only two all-natural organic ingredients: ground tigernuts and tigernut oil. You’ll feel secure knowing exactly what you’re adding to your recipe. No mystery ingredients or long unpronounceable words here!
How to make Tigernut Granola with Vanilla Flavor
This incredibly easy tigernut granola recipe uses only 6 ingredients and can be made in under an hour. It’s the perfect snack: light, crunchy, and great for packing along on your daily adventures.
Vanilla tigernut granola also makes an excellent topping on smoothies, ice cream, porridge, fruit bowl, and charcuterie tray! Combine it with other snack foods to make a tigernut trail mix or wrap it up in pretty boxes and gift it to friends–there’s no taste bud left unsatisfied by this iconic combination. Whether you share your granola or stash away for yourself, you’ll definitely use this recipe more than once (or just make a double batch by multiplying all the ingredients by two!).
Upgrade your granola by adding chia seeds and hemp hearts for gratifying texture variations without changing the flavor. You can also layer in more texture with dried fruits, chocolate chunks, popcorn, really anything you think would pair well with vanilla and tigernut is fair game! It’s almost impossible to make an unpleasant concoction with this granola, so you can really get creative. Tag us with your best mix by sharing a photo! We’d love to see what you come up with.
P.S.: if you’re craving granola but can’t commit to making it from scratch, check out the Natureul line of Tigernut Granolas here for four different flavor combinations of tasty ready-to-eat organic granola. We don’t mind if you skip the cooking process!
Makes eight ½-cup servings
- 4 cups gluten free rolled oats
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ⅔ cup Natureul Tigernut Spread – Classic Flavor
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp fine salt
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and adjust the oven rack to the middle position.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the gluten free rolled oats and salt, stirring only a few times until the salt is dispersed evenly throughout the oats but doesn’t settle at the bottom of the bowl.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the coconut oil and tigernut spread. Microwave on high in 10-second increments until melted and smooth. Once it reaches the desired consistency, add the maple syrup and stir until the mixture is thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the bowl of salted oats and stir with a silicone spatula or wooden spoon until all of the oats are completely coated and the mixture is forming some clumps.
- Spread the oat mixture evenly on a lined 9x13” baking sheet.
- Gently slide the baking sheet into the oven so as not to disturb the placement of the granola.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown and aromatic. Remove from the oven and use a spatula to work in sections, flipping the granola to expose the other side.
- Bake for another 5-10 minutes until evenly colored.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Serve over ice cream, yogurt, porridge, smoothie bowls, or eat as-is! Happy snacking!
Store in a sealed back or airtight container for up to one month.